A native Texan, Raymond L. Panneton has built a national practice with deep Texas roots.
Mr. Panneton graduated from Baylor University’s Honor College, obtaining his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, as well as minors in Church-State Studies and Criminal Justice. While at Baylor, Mr. Panneton co-founded and helped lead Baylor’s Undergraduate Moot Court Team to national prominence, ultimately obtaining a national number 2 ranking his senior year.
After completing his undergraduate education, Mr. Panneton moved south to Houston, Texas, where he attended the Texas Southern University – Thurgood Marshall School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Panneton was appointed to the 3L Class Executive Board.
After graduating and passing the Texas Bar Exam, Mr. Panneton began his law practice in the heart of Houston’s historical Heights neighborhood. Representing plaintiffs in complex medical malpractice, pharmaceutical, and medical device litigation, Mr. Panneton’s practice took him to courtrooms in Texas and throughout the country. Whether through a jury trial or a complex mediation, Mr. Panneton ensured his clients received a detailed, results-oriented representation. Mr. Panneton’s hard work and dedication to his clients was recognized by H Texas Magazine, where Mr. Panneton was frequently named one of “Houston’s Top Lawyers.”
In September 2016, Mr. Panneton joined Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, PC. Shifting his practice to complex business and intellectual property litigation, Mr. Panneton’s zeal for the courtroom and practical litigation experience allows him to effectively represent his clients and achieve positive results. As a detailed and results-oriented practitioner, Mr. Panneton has effectively and efficiently represented his clients in federal and state trial courts, as well as in mediation and arbitration panels. Mr. Panneton’s representation of his clients again resulted H Texas Magazine naming Mr. Panneton one of “Houston’s Top Lawyers.”
In addition to his active and robust law practice, Mr. Panneton is also an active member of the Bar, holding leadership positions within the American Bar Association, the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, and the Houston Bar Association. Mr. Panneton’s work with the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division earned him recognition as the Division’s Star of the Year in 2017. Additionally, as a result of his work and dedication to the Bar, Mr. Panneton has been elected a fellow of the American Bar Foundation, as well as the Texas Bar Foundation.
When not in the office or courtroom, Mr. Panneton is an active member within his community and within his parish home of St. Cyril Catholic Church. Residing in the Westchase District of Houston, Mr. Panneton can often be found either walking his dogs or enjoying some of the fantastic local food Houston has to offer.
Areas of Practice
Bar and Court Admissions
- Texas – 2013
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas - 2015
- Certified Attorney ad Litem
Awards and Honors
- Houston’s Top Attorneys – H Texas Magazine, 2016
- Best Personal Interest Story – State Bar of Texas, 2016
- Houston’s Top Attorneys – H Texas Magazine, 2015
- Best Attorneys of America – Rue Ratings, 2015
- Excellence for the Future Award – CALI, 2012
- Editor, The Affiliate – American Bar Association YLD
- Editorial Board Member, The Houston Lawyer – Houston Bar Association
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Law Clerks Offer Big Opportunities for Small Firms”. Texas
Lawyer. October 31, 2011.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Law Clerks Offer Big Opportunities for Small Firms”. The Legal
Intelligencer. November 3, 2011.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Students Need Practical Education, Not Ivory Tower”. Texas
Lawyer. May 28, 2012
- Panneton, Raymond L. “iLitigate – Helpful Lawyering Apps for the Digital Age”. Texas
Lawyer. November 26, 2012
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Simple Steps to Creating a Useful Website”. Texas Lawyer.
December 24, 2012
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Focus Website Content to Generate Leads”. Texas Lawyer.
February 11, 2013
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Pre-Flight Checks Before Taking Off Into the Cloud”. Texas
Lawyer. April 29, 2013
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Don’t Believe These Five SEO Myths”. Texas Lawyer. October 25,
- Panneton, Raymond L. “7 Social Media Missteps to Avoid”. Texas Lawyer. January 27, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Don’t Fear Social media, But Mind the Rules”. Texas Lawyer.
April 7, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “How Law Firms can Comply with HIPAA”. Texas Lawyer.
July 14, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Medical Malpractice Statute for Minors Upheld.” American Bar Association Section of Litigation- Minority Trial Lawyer News & Developments. October 17, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Be the Brand: 5 Tips for Marketing a Practice.” Texas Lawyer. October 27, 2014
- Panneton, Raymond L. “10-Year Statute of Repose Held Constitutional for Minor’s Medical Malpractice Claims.” The Houston Lawyer. January/February 2015
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Distributions Involving a Special Needs Trust.” Texas Lawyer. March 30, 2015.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Making the Most of Mediation.” Texas Lawyer. June 15, 2015.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “SCOTX Opens Door to Medical Malpractice Arbitration.” The Houston Lawyer. May/June, 2015
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Avvo: The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line.” Texas Lawyer. September 21, 2015.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Great Expectations: Managing Client Expectations for a Better Attorney-Client Relationship” Texas Lawyer. November 2, 2015.
- Talaska, Robert J. and Panneton, Raymond L. “Defining the Rules: Establishing Standard of Care in Medical Negligence Litigation.” TexBarCLE. March, 2016.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Mobile Cyber-Security for Lawyers.” Texas Lawyers. March 21, 2016.