Houston Divorce Lawyers
When a marriage ends, whether it was your choice or not, your rights, relationships, and responsibilities are determined by the facts of your divorce case and how the Texas Family Code applies to them. Founded in 1987, Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C. is an award-winning full-service family and divorce law firm accessible to clients throughout Houston, Sugar Land and Galveston, Texas.
Legal Counsel in Divorce, Child Custody & Complex Property Division
Together our team provides strong, highly focused legal representation and advocacy in the following practice areas:
Various Types of Divorce
- Contested divorce
- Uncontested divorce
- Military Divorce
Complex & High-Asset Divorces
High-asset cases include proper valuation and equitable distribution of property – including businesses, retirement accounts, stocks, bonds, farms, ranches and livestock, oil, gas and other mineral interest, investment property, second homes, vacation homes, and separate property inheritances.
Divorces with Children
- Child custody
- Access & visitation
- Child support
- Enforcement of orders (support, visitation, etc.)
- Modifications to child custody or support (including geographic restriction cases)
Other Legal Services Related to Divorce
- Temporary orders
- Modification of divorce decrees
- Enforcement of Court orders
- Protective and restraining orders
While our team strives to find collaborative solutions for clients through routes such as mediation, we will not hesitate to uphold your interests in the courtroom should litigation become necessary. Contact us online 24/7!
Why choose our divorce lawyers in Houston?
- Attorney and Partner - Lennea Cannon is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, which requires an experience level created by handling a vast number of family law trials, mediations, arbitrations, and appeals, all before you can even take the difficult test required for certification. Very few attorneys become Board Certified.
- 130+ years of combined legal experience in business and divorce matters.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ - Family Law & Divorce, 2016, 2017 & 2018 (Lennea Cannon and Lori Blackwell)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ - Up-and-Coming 50 Women, 2017, 2018 (Lennea Cannon)
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (Trey Hendershot, Lennea Cannon)
- Avvo rated "Superb" for Divorce & Adoption
- Avvo Client Choice Award 2014, 2017
- Certified Mediator (Lennea Cannon)
- Compassionate one-on-one representation
“Divorce and family law is one of the most litigated areas of practice
for a lawyer. It’s also one where interaction with the client is
most personal and involved. When you call, I answer the phone or call
you back as soon as possible. I make it my job to be accessible to you,
walk you through the divorce process and give you an honest opinion about
what we’re facing, and work toward achieving the result you want.”
- Lennea M. Cannon, Attorney & Partner