Houston Child Custody Attorneys
Work with Board Certified Family Law Specialists
No matter what your situation may be, If you are moving through divorce and have concerns regarding the legal issues surrounding child custody or visitation, it is in your best interest to speak with a Houston Family law attorney.
An experienced lawyer can sit down with you to discuss your fears and goals regarding the following:
- Where children will live and how parenting time and expenses will be shared.
- Both parents' rights to involvement in major decisions regarding key aspects of children's upbringing, including educational and medical decisions.
Whether you are seeking child custody solutions through mediation or a courtroom battle, our award-winning Houston, Texas law firm, Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, is ready to represent you and your family throughout the legal process.
Call (713) 909-7323 or contact us online 24/7 to schedule a confidential consultation with our experienced child custody lawyers in Houston.
We Handle a Wide Range of Child Custody Scope Matters
- Establishing custody, possession and access
- Child custody disputes and litigation
- Temporary orders
- Parental relocation & Modifying Geographic Restrictions
- Modifications of existing orders
- Enforcement of existing orders
- Protective and Restraining Orders
- Paternity claims
- Father's rights
- "Third-party" custody and visitation issues including Grandparent rights
- Stepparent adoptions
Experienced Trial Lawyers for Child Custody Battles
When the mother and the father have different visions in custody and visitation, either in basic principles or complex details, conflict can be intense. With custody disputes, the stakes could not be higher. Since 1987, our Houston, Texas family law firm has provided clear solutions in complex child custody cases. We work rigorously to settle disputes over custody and visitation out of court, however, if trial is necessary, we will enter the courtroom fully prepared to accomplish your goals and the best interest of you and your children to avoid any legal issue.
Our family law team is led by Board Certified Family Law Specialist Lennea Cannon (Texas Board of Legal Specialization) and Attorneys Lori Blackwell and Yoka Larasati. Among many other accomplishments, our family law attorneys have been recognized in the 2016 and 2017 Texas Super Lawyers® list of Rising Stars℠.
Creative Parenting Schedules Aligned With Your Needs
One of many reasons that people come to our firm is our ability to obtain custody agreements and possession schedules that balance their parenting goals with career obligations. For many professions such as physicians, nurses, police officers, attorneys, professional athletes, firefighters, airline pilots and other unique professional roles - a standard possession order simply does not work.
We work closely with our clients to find solutions that will involve:
- Flexible visitation orders that must be revisited on a monthly or other periodic basis, once the noncustodial parent's schedule for that period is set.
- Obtaining visitation rights during times when parenting can be the real focus, such as in a parent's off-duty or off-season time, on holidays and during vacations.
- Ensuring that any special needs of the children are properly and effectively addressed.
In addition to helping parents with creative parenting schedules for professional reasons, our child custody attorneys also assist our clients with parenting schedules involving very young children (toddlers and infants under 3 years old). Our attorneys are adept at negotiating special visitation arrangements suited to these situations, sometimes relying on testimony from child psychologists and other specialized professionals to achieve the best possible results for your children and you.
Check Out Our Family Law Blog for Helpful Articles
- Standard Possession Order - Holiday Visitation Schedules in Texas
- Texas Guide to Custody and Visitation Modifications
- Divorce & Child Custody Enforcement of Court Orders
- Standard Possession Order Schedules Explained in Texas
- What to do When Your Ex Won't Follow Child Custody Court Orders
- Can a Child Choose Which Parent To Live With In Texas?
- Common things to avoid in a Texas child custody battle.
- Can I Move With My Child? Modifying Texas Child Custody Geographic Restrictions
- Understanding Summer Possessions under Texas Standard Possession Orders
- Texas Child Custody FAQ