High-Asset Divorce Attorneys
Experienced Houston Divorce Lawyers
Divorces are routinely complex, involving emotional issues, financial concerns, tax consequences, and a myriad of other problems. High-asset divorces magnify these issues. Our high-asset divorce cases have included personal concerns regarding family businesses, inheritances, trusts, large estates, private practices, complicated financial entities and other unique property assets. For issues like this, you’ll need a lawyer who is a fierce advocate and equally a sharp financial mind in both family law and business law.
At Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C., that’s exactly who we are. Founded in 1987, we put a collective 130+ years of experience in family and business law to work for you. Based in Houston, Texas, and serving Sugar Land, Galveston and surrounding counties, our law firm has handled some of the most challenging valuation questions, with millions of dollars and assets at stake. We have the resources and the thorough, aggressive preparation you need to succeed.
Combining Business Law with Family Law Needs:
Part of the advantage of choosing our Houston law firm for your high-asset divorce is that we are award-winning business litigators. We routinely handle financial issues such as mergers & acquisitions, international transactions, and business dissolution.
Our Houston divorce attorneys routinely work on high asset cases that may involve:
- Characterizing and tracing separate property
- Valuation of professional practices such as medical or dental practices (Personal Goodwill vs. Commercial Goodwill in a Divorce)
- Finding and tracing assets
- Dividing funds in a variety of holdings such as retirement accounts, stocks or other investment accounts
- Protecting our clients’ separate assets such as inheritances, investments and retirement accounts
- Collaboration with forensic investigators and other area experts as needed
- Dividing real estate such as homes, ranches, commercial holdings or other unique assets