Houston Family Law Attorneys
Experienced Houston Divorce and Family Lawyers
Founded in 1987, Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C. is an award-winning full-service family law firm accessible to clients throughout the greater Houston area, Sugar Land and Galveston. Our family law practice is led by Board Certified Family Law Specialist Lennea Cannon (Texas Board of Legal Specialization) and attorneys Lori Blackwell and Yoka Larasati.
Board-Certified Family Law Specialist
Our lead Houston family lawyer, Lennea Cannon, is truly passionate about providing the legal guidance and support her clients need. Additionally, she is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She has spent considerable time in the courtroom and is also a certified mediator – so she can help her clients pursue litigation alternatives as well.
Unfortunately, many people approach family law matters without high-quality legal representation (or any legal guidance) which can create serious complications in their futures. Learn more about Lennea or contact us at (713) 909-7323 to see what Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C. can do for your family law case.
More answers to your family law questions:
- Texas geographic restrictions and moving with your child
- Property division and divorce: 8 things to consider
- Tips to help families prepare for divorce
- Benefits of hiring an adoption attorney
What is child support, and what does it cover?
Child support is a court awarded amount that is meant to cover the child’s basic living expenses including things like housing, food, clothes, medical bills, and educational costs. The amount of child support is based on the paying parent’s income and can be modified as their financial situation changes.
Why We Help Families
From child custody issues to alimony, family law legal matters are never simple or easy. That’s why our law firm is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our clients when they need it the most. Every family law case is different. Sometimes, these cases establish visitation rights; other times, they determine spousal support and alimony terms. We understand the emotional and financial impact these decisions can have on our clients’ lives and are prepared to help them find the best possible outcome for themselves and their families.
Why Choose Our Texas Law Firm?
Over the past 26 years, we have selected a group of lawyers with knowledge, interests, and strengths that complement one another. Together, our team represents more than 130+ years of quality legal representation.
We understand how difficult it can be to go through a divorce and other legal family matters, and our entire staff is here to offer the support, guidance, and compassionate representation you deserve.
Our law firm has been recognized by both our clients and peers for the following:
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (Lennea Cannon)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ - Family Law & Divorce, 2016, 2017, 2018 (Lennea Cannon and Lori Blackwell)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ - Up-and-Coming 50 Women, 2017, 2018 (Lennea Cannon)
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (Trey Hendershot, Lennea Cannon)
- Avvo rated "Superb" for Divorce & Adoption
- Avvo Client Choice Award 2014, 2017
- Certified Mediator (Lennea Cannon)
- Compassionate one-on-one representation
- H Texas Magazine, Houston Top Lawyer's 2017 (Lennea Cannon)
Call our Houston family lawyers today for the representation you deserve. Let our team not just meet your expectations, but exceed them.