Independent Contractor Agreements
Texas Business Lawyers: 130+ Years’ Experience
Call (713) 909-7323
As independent contractors serve an important role in numerous industries, and “gig” based employment becomes increasingly popular, it is vital for both businesses and workers to understand their rights and the unique legal relationships they create. Whether you’re an employer that needs to safeguard key information or a worker looking to protect your interests, clear and enforceable agreements are essential.
At Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C., our Texas-based business law attorneys have cultivated a reputation for providing the business- and industry-specific counsel needed to draft, review, negotiate, and implement contracts and provisions tailored specifically to the unique situations and objectives of our clients.
Our work in constructing independent contractor agreements is intended to help facilitate:
- Mutually agreeable terms and provisions
- A productive working relationship
- Protection of intellectual property and trade secrets
- Protection against competition or solicitation
- Effective privacy and electronic communication policies
- Licensing or technology development agreements
- Risk reduction to avoid future disputes, disagreement, and litigation
Comprehensive Counsel & Representation in Business Contract Matters
With more than 130 years of collective experience, our legal team is equipped with the insight and resources to draft, review, and negotiate independent contractor agreements that fit the circumstances of our clientele. Our insight into various industries and thriving practice in health and medical law, enable us to form clear and enforceable contracts for clients in the medical profession, oil and gas sector, tech industry, and more.
Our services consist of comprehensive counsel in crafting independent contractor agreements, work-for-hire agreements, and other contractual agreements that address a range of issues, including:
- Payment / compensation details and dates, including work and milestone schedules
- Duration of agreements and project timelines
- Details of the parties to the contract, including any sub-contracting arrangements
- A description of the goods and/or services that your business will receive or provide, including key deliverables
- Termination conditions and any other special conditions
- Definitions of key terms used within the contract
- Required insurance and indemnity provisions
- Renegotiation or renewal options
- Dispute resolution process
- Restrictive Covenants
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Work for Hire Doctrine
We help businesses and individuals create and enforce legal agreements and contracts that facilitate collaborative work, protect investments, and provide legal remedies in the event that an agreement is breached.
Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C. Can Help
Carefully considered and well-written contracts offer many benefits and protections for employers, employees, and independent contractors – from protecting critical information and reducing exposure to future disputes to establishing confidence and stability in the course of everyday business. Given the necessity for tailored agreements, exploring available legal measures best suited to your situation demands the assistance of business attorneys who offer counsel driven by experience and foresight.
If you wish to discuss a potential business agreement, enforcement of a business contract, or any other related intellectual property or business law matter, Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C. can help. As industry leaders who counsel businesses of all types and sizes, our Texas attorneys have extensive experience helping clients draft, protect, enforce, and defend their business agreements.
Call (713) 909-7323 to schedule a consultation.
Our Law Firm Aggressively Defends & Pursues Our Clients' Interests in Business & Commercial Law Matters