Medical Practice Set-Up & Mergers
Texas Business and Health & Medical Law Attorneys: (713) 909-7323
The law firm of Hendershot Cowart, P.C. is well-versed in the complex laws surrounding the health care industry, as well as the practical needs health care providers of all types have when starting a medical practice or making structural changes to their businesses.
From entity selection to contractual agreements, we help medical and healthcare professionals create a foundation and policy-driven structure to handle compliance measures, business and employment relationships, liabilities, and proactive means that reduce risk and exposure to healthcare fraud.
- Choice of entity
- Compensation plans, buy-in arrangements, bonus structures, covenants not to compete, confidentiality agreements, exit strategies, and buyout formulas
- Compliance plans with Texas law against corporate practice of medicine
- Employment, management, independent contractor and other professional agreements
- Establishing rights and duties of stakeholders
- Licensing, credentialing and peer review proceedings
- Protection and defense against billing practice audits and violations, including: Medicare, Medicaid & Tricare Fraud, Stark & Anti-Kickback Violations, Federal False Claims Act Violations, RAC audits, ZPIC Audits, Novitas Audits, TDI audits and more
- Managed care transactions
- Regulatory compliance, corporate compliance and risk management
- Space and equipment leases
- Structuring partnerships
- Tax Exemption
Over 36+ years, we have helped hundreds of doctors, dentists, diagnostic facility owners, independent free-standing emergency centers and other healthcare professionals with their medical practice setup, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
To learn more about our services and to schedule a consultation, call (713) 909-7323 or complete an online form.
Compliance in Healthcare Transactions & Startups
Numerous regulatory requirements govern transactions and business dealings involving healthcare professionals and facilities. The Stark Law, fraud and abuse statutes, anti-kickback regulation, and other laws and regulations all affect which parties can be involved in a transaction and how the transaction should be structured. Our health and medical law attorneys regularly assist our clients with individualized compliance programs for all types and sizes of health care entities, including practices, clinics, and hospitals
We will advise you on the regulatory requirements associated with any healthcare-related transaction, including:
- Purchase of equipment
- Joint ventures
- Establishment, purchase or sale of compounding pharmacies
- Investments by physicians
- Lease agreements
- Management agreements
- Billing arrangements
If state or federal government agencies do conduct investigations, we are well versed and experienced in handling civil investigative demands, subpoenas, interviews, document production, hearings and trial – and will prepare a strong and aggressive defense for you.
Comprehensive Counsel from Premier Health Care Lawyers in Texas
Hendershot Cowart, P.C. is a recognized Texas leader in health care and business law. By operating on the belief that an “ounce of prevention is equal to a pound of cure,” we leverage our insight and experience to help health care providers across the state navigate the unique hurdles of their start-ups, mergers, and joint ventures with an eye on future viability. Our team understands how to lay a legal foundation that protects your practice.
Our team also possesses substantial experience representing investors in the establishment of freestanding emergency centers (FECs), Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs), urgent care facilities, imagery centers, and pain management and Management Services Organizations (MSOs). We can handle all aspects of these transactions from choice of entity and joint ventures to fraud and abuse regulations and the Stark Law.
Call (713) 909-7323 and speak with an attorney about your medical practice startup, merger, acquisition or other related health and medical law business transaction matter.