Family Law Attorneys
We Are A Texas Family & Divorce Law Firm Accessible To Clients Throughout Houston, Sugar Land & Galveston.
If you and your family are currently going through a difficult family law matter or you are considering filing for divorce, please contact the law office of Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C. We have been representing and protecting the rights of families throughout Texas for decades.
Together our team provides strong, highly focused, top-tier advocacy and legal representation in the following practice areas:
- Asset and complex property division
- Child custody, access and visitation, support, enforcement and modifications including geographic restrictions
- Temporary orders
- Modification of divorce or child custody Court orders
- Enforcement of Court orders
- Paternity Suits
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Adoptions, including stepparent, grandparent and same-sex family adoptions
- Protective and restraining orders
Let’s Discuss Your Family Law Case.
When you need to make a tough decision, you can count on our team of family law attorneys to advise you candidly. We will help you understand exactly where your case stands and the best solutions to move forward intelligently. We understand what you are going through, and we are here to offer the support, guidance, and compassionate legal representation you deserve.
Creative Solutions to Complex Situations
Family law is a broad term that encompasses an area of the law that deals with family matters and domestic relations. While some family law matters may be handled without counsel, many processes such as adoption, divorce, child custody and premarital and postmarital agreements often require the skill and expertise of a family law attorney.
Reasons to hire a family law attorney may include:
- Objectivity: As an outsider to your divorce or family law matter, our attorneys can be more objective about your case than you -- especially when encountering a highly contentious issue
- Legal Paperwork: We work through the paperwork that can be necessary in resolving your family law matter, so that you can get on with your life. While it is perfectly acceptable to move forward with certain family law matters without an attorney, those “pro-se” parties may overlook important aspects or legal language required for a divorce settlement, suite affecting parent-child relationship, or prenuptial or postnuptial agreement to be enforceable by the court.
- Experts and Consultants: If you are facing divorce and significant assets are involved, getting knowledgeable legal counsel is crucial. Our family law attorneys have extensive experience in complex divorce cases involving unique assets and large marital estates with the resources and professional connections to achieve a proper valuation of a business and equitable distribution of unique assets, leveraging experts and consultants in specialized areas.
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions: Depending on the facts and situation surrounding your family law matter, a divorce or custody trial can be avoided through alternative dispute resolutions such as an informal settlement resulting in an uncontested divorce. We will evaluate your case and advise you on the best options to move forward.
- Family Court Experience: We are dynamic negotiators and established trial lawyers unafraid of high level disputes. We will not hesitate to uphold your interests in the courtroom should litigation become necessary.
Call us at (713) 909-7323 to schedule your initial consultation with us. You can also contact us online if you prefer.