“I was attracted to law so I could speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
— Ashley Arnett
Ashley Arnett is a business litigation attorney with 13 years of experience litigating business disputes, collections, commercial and residential landlord / tenant disputes, civil tax matters, criminal conspiracy, search warrants, and more. Ashley has participated in cases in state and federal courts in Texas, Minnesota, Florida, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, Massachusetts, Illinois, Washington, South Carolina, Colorado, Virginia, and the U.S. Tax Court.
Ashley completed her undergraduate degree with a major in Political Science in three years, graduating with honors from Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas. Ashley is a 2008 graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law.
Recent Significant Engagements
- Successfully litigated an investment fraud case resulting in the recovery of the client’s original investment as well as significant punitive damages.
- Represented judgment creditor in jury trial resulting in multi-million-dollar settlement.
- Co-counsel in winning a TRO/Temporary Injunction against stock transfer company that was threatening to release millions of shares of stock to two alleged predatory lenders.
- Represented a cryptocurrency trader under scrutiny by the IRS for failure to report a crypto exchange. No compliance actions were taken. No change in income and no assessment of penalties.
- Successfully represented chemical manufacturer in business contract disputes with supplier.
- Co-chaired the defense of a health care provider who counseled patients over the phone. DOJ declined prosecution.
- Successfully represented a client under audit for not reporting ownership in a foreign corporation. The IRS found that no changes were required to the client’s tax return and did not assess penalties and interest against the client.
- Represented a local concrete company. IRS investigated the company for failure to report income/understatement of income. IRS made no changes and did not refer to IRS Criminal Investigation.
- Successfully defended landscape business owner accused of fraud.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court of the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law
- B.S, Political Science, Lamar University, cum laude