Social Media Influencers
Legal Counsel for Businesses Working with Social Media Influencers Across Texas
“Content” has become a buzz-word in online marketing, whether it’s about self-promotion, brand management, or consumer engagement. Though content takes many forms – from images and infographics to text posts and sweepstakes – it still implicates complexities of language and the law.
It’s true that what you say can certainly harm as much as it can help, but in terms of law and user-generated content shared online, what you do, or don’t say correctly with specificity and clear purpose, can also create potential problems on platforms you need to build your company, not endanger your brand and bottom line.
That’s where the Social Media Law team at Hendershot Cowart P.C. can help. Leveraging decades of experience and a multi-disciplinary approach, our Houston attorneys offer counsel and representation in a range of legal matters involving social media content, marketing, and businesses’ online presence.
Call (713) 909-7323 to speak with an attorney about our social media law services.
What’s Law Have to Do with Social Media Influencers?
Social media is comprised of multiple platforms – all of which have their own rules and regulations that are constantly changing. Businesses need not only be on the forefront of what’s happening online so as to maximize social media’s potential for aiding growth but also what’s taking place in courts and legislative arenas in order to minimize risks of adverse legal repercussions and liability.
Hendershot Cowart P.C. assists clients in a range of industries – including highly regulated areas such as health care, finance, and the legal field – with legal-focused evaluations of their social media content. Our comprehensive services can address matters such as:
- Influencer Marketing – Influencer marketing has exploded, bringing individuals and brands together, and blurring lines between user-generated content and marketing material. With the potential for enormous exposure of services and products, compliance with applicable laws is critical when posting any content and reducing legal risks.
- Contests & Sweepstakes – Contests create awareness and builds a reputation businesses want, but they can be filled with potential pitfalls that place companies behind the content at risk of litigation. From industry-specific guidelines and social media regulations to policies on privacy and contest rules, experienced legal counsel can help pave the foundation for a fruitful promotion.
- Website Terms & Conditions – Nobody reads terms and conditions unless there’s liability and potential litigation involved. It today’s consumer climate, proactively protecting your business requires careful consideration of any terms and conditions associated with your website and online profiles.
In addition to assisting in the review, drafting and negotiation, and assessment of regulatory ramifications related to social media content, our legal team also helps clients address:
- Intellectual property & infringement
- Social media compliance
- Assessments of liability and potential legal risks
- Content review, drafting, and negotiation
- Corporate law and commercial litigation
- Contracts and employment / independent contractor agreements
- Regulatory and professional authority enforcement actions
Trust Texas Trial Lawyers on the Cutting Edge of Social Media Law
Hendershot Cowart P.C. is comprised of award-winning and highly experienced Texas trial attorneys who leverage an extensive breadth of legal insight to counsel clients in complex and constantly evolving matters of social media law. To learn more about our services and how we may be of assistance with your online efforts and compliance, contact us.