“Every day, people come to us on their personal darkest day. Generally speaking, this sense of dread is simply due to being overwhelmed by the situation before them. As a lawyer, being able to shoulder our client's burdens and guide them through the litigation process is extremely rewarding.”
— Raymond L. Panneton
A native of Fort Hood, Texas, Raymond L. Panneton has built a national litigation practice with deep Texas roots. Practicing throughout the state since 2013, he represents clients nationwide facing complex business and intellectual property litigation, including non-compete violations, breach of contract matters, and fraud and misrepresentation. Whether through a jury trial, arbitration, or mediation, Raymond ensures that his clients receive detailed, results-oriented representation.
Raymond’s precision and deft legal strategies have earned him recognition as one of “Houston’s Top Lawyers” by H Texas Magazine, as well as Young Lawyer of the Year by the Bell County Bar Association. He is an active member of the Bar, holding senior leadership positions within the American Bar Association and the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. Raymond has also been elected a fellow of both the American Bar Foundation and the Texas Bar Foundation.
Raymond earned his J.D. from the Texas Southern University – Thurgood Marshall School of Law. Prior to law school, he attended Baylor University’s Honor College, obtaining his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, as well as minors in Church-State Studies and Criminal Justice.
When not in the office or courtroom, Raymond is an active member within his community and within his parish. He can often be found walking his dogs with his family or enjoying Houston’s vibrant restaurant scene.
Primary Focus & Experience
Recent Significant Engagements
- Represented an owner of several hotels in obtaining a Temporary Restraining Order/Temporary Injunction against a credit union seeking to improperly foreclose on the properties.
- Represented an owner of a behavioral health center in successfully enforcing a non-competition agreement.
- Represented an owner of a birthing center in a partnership dispute.
- Represented an owner of a bar in a partnership dispute.
- Represented a property management company in successfully defending against claims of fraud and discrimination in a jury trial.
- Represented a home builder in successfully defending against claims of violating the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Represented an owner of a fitness company in successfully defending against claims of trademark infringement.
- Represented several business owners as their general counsel.
Selected Published Articles & Presentations
- Panneton, Raymond L. “SCOTX Finds No Governmental Immunity Where Government Received a Benefit.” The Houston Lawyer, March/April 2017.
- Panneton, Raymond L. “Don’t Feed the Trolls: Curbing Patent Trolls in the Eastern District.” The Houston Lawyer, July/August 2017.
- Talaska, Robert J. and Panneton, Raymond L. “Defining the Rules: Establishing Standard of Care in Medical Negligence Litigation.” TexBarCLE, March 2016.
- State Bar of Texas
- The District of Columbia Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- J.D., Texas Southern University – Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, Baylor University Honors College