Houston Contract Attorneys
Drafting and Enforcing Contracts & Agreements for Texas Businesses Since 1987
At Hendershot Cowart P.C., our contract law attorneys specialize in business agreements and contract disputes, handling thousands of such matters each year. Our clients benefit from our extensive knowledge and experience. We do not waste time “getting up to speed” on your matter or industry; instead, we have direct experience that can be readily applied to your situation. We are familiar with the loopholes and weak points that others may try to leverage against your business, and we know how to enforce and defend your contractual rights.
On This Page
- What Our Business Contract Lawyers Can Do for You
- We Will Review Your Contract and Advise You on Potential Exposures and Downsides
- How Much Does It Cost for a Lawyer to Review a Contract?
- What Makes a Contract Legally Binding and Enforceable?
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Write a Contract?
- How Our Experience Can Help You
Get legal advice prior to signing. Contact our business law offices today for personal attention and custom advice on business contracts and agreements. Call (713) 909-7323 to schedule a contract review or consultation today.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and execute business contracts for all industries, including complex construction agreements. Unlike the contract templates or one-size-fits-all solutions you find online, our contract services are tailored for the risks and exposures of your business model and industry.
- Start your business on solid footing with forward-looking operating, shareholder, or partnership agreements that will serve your business through every stage of development. Our LLC formation services include drafting your operating agreement, preparing and filing a certificate of formation with the Texas Secretary of State, and acquiring your LLC’s tax identification number. We can also serve as the registered agent for no additional fee.
- Review franchise agreements, licensing agreements, or investment agreements to make sure your financial interests are protected
- Review and redline employment agreements, especially executive or physician employment agreements
- Set up a medical practice or health care enterprise with agreements that abide by all applicable state and federal regulations, or fall within the strictly enforced safe harbor exceptions.
- Enforce confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete or non-solicitation agreements using all available remedies – from filing injunction orders to pursuing the recovery of financial damages. We also draft and implement these types of agreements, using our litigation experience to protect you against risks and exposures others may not consider.
- Litigate, arbitrate and / or settle breach of contract disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible. We routinely litigate breach of contract claims over services agreements, partnership agreements, billing agreements, employment contracts, management agreements, supplier agreements, business fraud, shareholder rights, real estate agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, practice acquisition and sales disputes, insurance coverage disputes, etc. – we can litigate any type of contract depending on the circumstances.
Let us review your contract, employment agreement, or transaction to identify and redline potential weak points. Most contract reviews can be handled in a single consultation, and usually within 28 to 48 hours.
Our contract attorneys have extensive experience with the following business agreements and more:
- LLC or company operating agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Buy-sell agreements
- Restriction agreements
- Separation agreements
- Restructuring agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Confidentiality agreements or NDAs
- Non-compete agreements
- Employment agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Mergers and Acquisition
The attorneys at Hendershot Cowart P.C. can review most contracts within an hour and a half at their hourly rate, including a one-on-one consultation to review the attorney’s recommendations. Please call to receive a quote on the cost to review your contract(s). Our turnaround time on contract reviews is typically 24 to 48 business hours.
Per Texas law, a valid contract must contain these four elements:
- An offer;
- An acceptance of the offer;
- A “meeting of the minds” (both parties reach a genuine agreement); and
- Mutual consideration (both parties must give up something of value, such as money for a service).
Even with these elements in place, a contract may still be invalid if the parties who entered into the contract were not competent: Minors, adults with incapacities, or adults under the influence of alcohol or drugs may not enter a legal arrangement. Similarly, if the subject matter of the contract is illegal, it is not a valid, enforceable contract.
There’s no requirement that a lawyer draft a contract, and many new business owners rely on templates downloaded from the internet to draft terms and conditions or other contract agreements. While there is no harm in being judicious about business expenses, opting for rock-bottom prices or fill-in-the-blank templates can lead to unmitigated risks and disputes that cost more time and money in the long run. At Hendershot Cowart P.C., we have been doing this long enough to know which questions to ask to help our client get the proper operational documents in place that avoid many issues in the future.
For more than 30 years, our contract attorneys have helped Texas business owners put thorough, proactive contracts in place to protect operations and enable growth. When you work with our team, you put established business and contract law attorneys on your side. You can count on our team to provide the experienced legal counsel you need.
“They've always come through for me.”- Joseph D.
“Your law firm has impressed me to no end, and should anyone I know ever need legal representation, I will be sure to refer them to ...”- Dr. R
“We sincerely appreciate your dedication and drive in straightening out the most difficult situation in our life.”- Raga and DC Gunnia