Houston Business Litigation Attorneys
We Protect & Defend Your Interests So You Can Get Back to Business
Business disputes cost you valuable time and money. Our Texas business litigation attorneys can guide you through complex disputes and litigation, ranging from contract disputes, trade secret claims, employment disputes, and shareholder or partner conflicts, so you can get back to business.
We work closely with clients throughout Texas to develop creative legal strategies to resolve legal matters as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. And whether this is your first experience with litigation or your fifteenth, we tailor our communication style to fit you, so you always know what is going on with your case.
To schedule a consultation with our team or learn more about our services, contact us online or via phone at (713) 909-7323.
Experienced Business Litigation Lawyers in Texas
At Hendershot Cowart P.C., our business litigation attorneys work side-by-side with clients to resolve a wide range of complex business disputes:
- Breach of contract/contract disputes. If you believe a contract has been breached, immediate action is recommended. The longer you wait, the harder it is to establish your claim. Likewise, if you're accused of violating the terms of an agreement, consult an experienced attorney who can advise you of your options and proactively help you establish your defense to achieve your objectives.
- Business owner disputes. No matter how good the initial intentions, partner and co-owner disputes do arise as life circumstances evolve and priorities change. We're here to help you reach your desired outcome with the minimum amount of disruption to your business interests.
- Business torts. In business law, torts differ from contract disputes in that common law, rather than a written agreement, provides the rules for liability arising from wrongs committed against a business. If a third party has unlawfully interfered with your business interests – or if you have been accused of such – our legal team is ready to represent your best interests.
- Bankruptcy and creditor's rights. Our team of business law attorneys helps corporate clients of all sizes and structures protect themselves as a result of bankruptcy filings, breaches of contract, fraudulent transfers and financial fraud and misrepresentation by debtors. The sooner you talk to an experienced creditors' rights attorney, the better the opportunity to protect your rights.
- Construction arbitration. Today, many construction contracts include binding arbitration agreements, which require parties to resolve disputes through private arbitration rather than civil courts. If your commercial project was derailed by delays or defects, our Texas attorneys are ready to unearth the insight and information crucial to successfully pursuing or defending construction-related matters.
- Fraud and misrepresentation. Business fraud takes many forms, which is why it is critical businesses work with attorneys who have the breadth of experience needed to handle and address a range of issues. From internal theft and deception within company ranks to contractual breaches caused by misrepresentation and fraudulent conduct of third parties, we handle the full range of cases.
- Dissolution of business. As one of Texas’ premier corporate restructuring law firms, Hendershot Cowart P.C. has helped countless businesses assess their situations and choose the strongest option for dissolving or evolving a business should a dispute, death or voluntary exit force a change.
- Insurance law. Commercial insurance contracts don’t always uphold the promises of the selling agent or even their contractual obligations. Our team of litigation lawyers has decades of experience litigating insurance coverage disputes. These disputes include, but are not limited to, exclusions, occurrence definitions, and other aspects of coverage.
- Intellectual property litigation. You’ve invested significant time and money into developing a brand, unique business model or other trade secrets that give your business a competitive advantage. We help clients prevent, contain and seek damages for misappropriation or infringement of these and other valuable intellectual property assets. We also defend clients against patent and trademark infringement allegations.
- Partnership and shareholder disputes. Shareholder and partnership disputes often arise from conflicts in personality, disagreements between majority and minority shareholders, violations of operating guidelines, change in personal circumstances, breach of fiduciary duties or bad faith situations. You can count on our Houston-based law firm for in-depth analysis of your rights and the paths available to achieve your objectives.
- Supply and vendor disputes. If a buyer or supplier fails to uphold terms of an agreement, your business may suffer losses and reputational damage. The litigation team of Hendershot Cowart can review the prevailing agreement, recommend options for resolution, and aggressively pursue redress – so you can resume business as usual.
We can also help you handle business litigation disputes in more niche areas, including:
- Alter ego/Single business entity.
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Construction defect claims
- Construction delays
- Construction liens
- Contract disputes
- Defending against deceptive trade practices
- Defending against patent infringement claims
- Fraudulent conveyance
- Shareholder oppression
- Trademark litigation
- Patent litigation
Our Houston business litigation attorneys have more than a century of combined experience helping business owners, entrepreneurs, and executives successfully navigate business litigation disputes. You can rely on our ethical, aggressive legal counsel to get you cost-effective results in and out of the courtroom.
To schedule a consultation with our team and learn more about how we can help you with your business litigation case, contact us online or via phone at (713) 909-7323.