Houston Business Litigation Attorneys
Even in the best of circumstances, business disputes can occur. Whether you are facing conflict involving partners or shareholders, contracts, or other individual or company matters, you can benefit from the experienced Houston business litigation attorneys at Hendershot Cannon & Hisey, P.C. Our business litigators have more than 26 years of experience in State and federal court - ready to put to work for you.
What makes partnership disputes so complex?
Complex business litigation often involves shareholder and partnership disputes, where parties in a business relationship no longer see eye to eye. Every case is unique, but many times they merit not only compensation for monetary damages but also injunctive relief – a legal solution where the court orders the infringing partner to cease a specific action.
Injunctive relief might be necessary if one partner is infringing on the other’s intellectual property, breaches his or her fiduciary duties, or tries to “poach” or unfairly take clients or key employees for themselves.
What Business Theft Looks Like & What to Do If Your Partner Is Stealing
In a business partnership, dishonesty can take many forms. If you suspect that your partner is stealing from your business, now is the time to speak with a Houston business litigation lawyer. In short, business theft happens when one person illegally removes or diverts any assets for their own, personal gain.
This type of wrongful behavior can take different shapes, such as:
- Appropriating entrusted funds wrongfully (Embezzlement)
- Stealing trade secrets or intellectual property
- Violating fiduciary duty (such as removing funds from a business account for personal use)
- Knowingly misrepresenting information and facts (Fraud)
Commonly provided practice areas in business and commercial litigation, include:
- Business torts
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Contract disputes
- Copyright infringement
- Deceptive Trade Practices (DTPA)
- Defending against patent infringement claims
- Dissolution of business
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Hostile takeovers or buyouts
- Intellectual property litigation
- Minority shareholder oppression including freeze-outs, squeeze-outs and lockouts
- Non-compete agreement violations
- Oil and Gas litigation
- Partnership and Shareholder disputes
- Temporary restraining orders and injunctions the for interference of business
- Theft of trade secrets
We seek to settle a dispute in your favor, whether that’s in or out of the courtroom. We are exceptionally equipped with the insight to protect, mitigate, and recover when litigation is necessary. When litigation is not the right course of action, our legal team pursues alternative dispute resolutions such as negotiations, arbitration and mediation.
To learn more about your options and remedies in a commercial dispute, breach of contract or other business litigation matter, call (713) 909-7323 to arrange a consultation with one of our award-winning Houston litigation lawyers.