Houston Healthcare Regulatory Compliance Lawyer
Navigating a Complex Regulatory System
Health care is arguably the most stringently regulated industry in the United States. Whether you are pursuing a health care business transaction, executing a contract, or establishing a risk-mitigating structure for your practice, you must ensure you meet strict regulations. Regulatory compliance is crucial because failing to do so can create exposure to audits, investigations, and serious penalties that jeopardize the success of your business and professional future.
At Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C., our Houston-based health care lawyers have decades of experience counseling health care professionals and practices across the country in a range of state and federal regulatory compliance matters, including those related to the False Claims Act, anti-kickback statute, Stark Law, and more.
Schedule a consultation with our law firm when you call (713) 909-7323.
Comprehensive Regulatory Compliance Services
With more than 130 years of collective experience, our legal team has the insight and resources to help clients in a range of regulatory matters, including:
- Proactive counsel and support
- Drafting and implementing compliance plans
- Health care transactions and start-ups
- Medicare provider enrollment
- Responsive representation for audits, investigations, and alleged violations.
In all of our work, we focus on preparedness-from ensuring that your healthcare business transaction is structured properly to ensuring that your practice stands up to the increasing scrutiny of state and federal regulators. Our services are utilized by providers throughout the U.S.
Compliance in Healthcare Transactions & Startups
Numerous regulatory requirements govern transactions and business dealings involving health care professionals and facilities. The Stark Law, fraud and abuse statutes, False Claims Act, anti-kickback laws, and other regulations all affect which parties can be involved in a transaction and how the transaction should be structured.
We regularly handle transactional matters involving:
- Joint ventures
- Establishment, purchase or sale of compounding pharmacies
- Investments by physicians
- Purchase of equipment and lease agreements
- Management agreements
- Billing arrangements
Drafting & Implementing Compliance Plans
A sound compliance program is the best preventative medicine for any health care organization. Health care providers are under increased scrutiny from the Texas attorney general, the Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Inspector General (OIG), Texas Department of Insurance (TDI), and other government agencies. Even if you did not intend to commit a violation, you can face costly and time-consuming investigations, sanctions, penalties, and even criminal prosecution.
A comprehensive, properly implemented compliance plan provides clear direction to members at every level of the organization and minimizes the potential for you to be the target of an investigation.
Our health and medical law team develops individualized compliance programs for clients in an array of different healthcare settings, including medical practices, clinics, suppliers, and hospitals.
We address all issues relevant to your organization, with a focus on:
- Written policies, procedures, and standards of conduct
- Compliance officers, compliance committee, and oversight
- Effective training and education
- Effective lines of communication
- Well-publicized disciplinary standards
- Effective system for monitoring, auditing and identification of compliance risk
- Enforcement plan and procedures and systems for prompt response to compliance issues
- Operative corrective action plan
- HIPPA compliance, patient confidentiality and solicitation regulations, and self-referral and anti-kickback laws
Speak with an Experienced Houston Healthcare Lawyer Today!
Our Houston-based attorneys at Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C. proudly serve clients throughout Texas and the U.S. Call (713) 909-7323 to arrange an initial consultation with a member of firm, or fill out an online form to get started.