Houston Business Transaction Attorneys
Texas Law Firm for Business Transactions, Contracts and Agreements
Whether you need to form a business, restructure your company, acquire new assets or establish contractual agreements that protect a variety of your businesses relationships, confidential information or trade secrets, the Texas business attorneys of Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C. provide full service legal counsel to startups, entrepreneurs, partnerships, owners of closely held businesses, corporations and a variety of other business entity's or professional practices.
We are a Houston-based business law firm with a proven reputation founded on over 130+ years of collective experience - ready to put to work for you. Highly experienced in a wide range of business transactions, our Houston business attorneys can help negotiate the terms of your business deal or contract, draft or review any agreements, verify compliance measures and setup protections and safeguards for after the business transaction is complete.
To schedule a confidential consultation with one of our award-winning business attorneys in Houston, contact us online or call (713) 909-7323.
Business Transactions and Agreements Designed to Serve Your Business Goals
Organizations of different sizes and structures naturally have different business needs. Our firm handles a full range of transactions for businesses of all different forms and sizes, with each one adapted to the specific objectives of the client.
These transactions include:
- Restructuring Agreements - Including modifying or creating shareholder agreements, reorganizing the board of directors, re-envisioning the corporate mission, buy-ins or buyouts or shifting control, restructuring the governance or operations plan of a business, and/or any other type of corporate-level business reorganization.
- Mergers and Acquisitions - The law allows for many ways to combine resources for a common business purpose. Our firm is adept at handling the due diligence needed to complete the transaction, drafting or reviewing sale agreements or purchase contracts, drafting or reviewing seller non-compete agreements, and all other moving parts in the transaction such as ownership shifts of assets and intellectual property and other major asset purchases or sale. Our law firm is also experienced in establishing joint-ventures.
- Buy-Sell Agreements - A contractual document addressing what happens if a business owner needs to transfer his or her interest in the company and when a business owner can no longer be involved in the business for any number of reasons such as death, retirement, divorce, bankruptcy, un-involvement or conflict. Our law firm helps with establishing a company valuation method, ownership limitations and sale conditions.
- Shareholder Buy-Sell or Stock Purchase Agreements - In limited liability companies (LLCs) and other entities that are not organized as corporations, there is often no obvious outlet for selling or transferring shares easily. We can facilitate this through a buy-sell or stock purchase agreement addressing items such as payment terms for a buyout, who is eligible to purchase a shareholder's stock and how to measure the value of the shareholders interest.
- Buyouts (or Dissolution)- What happens when one or more owners of a partnership or other entity with limitations on the circulation of shares want out? Or you want them out? Our lawyers can help you determine whether restructuring, dissolution of the business, or a buyout makes the most sense. And we can implement the plan.
- Restriction Agreements and Separation agreements - Establishing restrictions and/or limitations on transfers of ownership or in a separation agreement, defining the process of owner or partner name removal from all governing documents
- Real Estate Development - We assist with commercial leases, construction contracts, syndications and a host of other issues related to real estate. This includes serving many medical practices.
- Shareholder Agreements - We regularly draft and implement shareholder agreements which define shareholder roles, responsibilities and authority of majority and minority shareholders, the process of removal or replacement of company officers, voting rules, methods for resolving shareholder disputes, and the protection and privileges of the shareholders.
- Partnership agreements: For partners in a General Partnership, this type of agreement addresses admissions and withdrawals, contributions and distributions, ownership, responsibilities, decision making rules or authority, business dispute resolution, governing rules for buyouts and transfers and factors surrounding dissolution of the partnership.
- Non-Compete Agreements - To prevent poaching or solicitation of clients and customers, employers often seek to place restrictions on where someone can work after leaving that employer. We can advise you on the enforceability of these restrictions in employment contracts and how to protect your rights and interests. We help our clients not only with employee non-compete agreements but can establish seller non-compete agreements and non-compete agreements for executives too.
Additional Business Contracts or Agreements our Texas Business Attorneys Regularly Handle:
- Employment Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Work-For-Hire Agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- Construction Agreements
- Acquisition of Complex Medical Equipment
- Management Agreements for Medical Practices
- Purchase or Sale of Medical Practices and/or Other Assets
Business Contract Lawyers in Houston for Transactions, Contracts and Agreements
Our capacity is comprehensive, and we are well adept at handling all legal aspects of the transactions your business may require. We know how to negotiate and draft agreements that minimize the chance of disputes in the first place, but if business litigation is necessary, then our clients rest easy knowing we have some of the best trial attorneys with 30+ years of experience in state and federal court.
To speak with an award-winning business contract lawyer in Houston, contact us online or call (713) 909-7323.