Houston Breach of Contract Attorney
Resolving Business and Contract Disputes in Texas
Contracts are at the heart of business transactions. At Hendershot Cowart P.C., our business contract lawyers can help you and your business prevent or mitigate any resulting damage from a breach of contract when a partner, vendor, or third party acts unlawfully, violates the terms of a contract, or fails to perform any promise contained in the binding and legally enforceable contract.
Types of Contract Breaches Include:
- Non-Material Breach
- Material/Fundamental Breach
- Anticipatory Breach
Under Texas law, Remedies for a Breach Could Include:
- Compensation, such as actual, reliance, restitution and liquidated damages
- Quantum meruit (recovery of the value of services performed)
- Specific performance of contract terms
- Release from contractual obligations
- Revision of a contract to reflect a mutual mistake
When you work with Hendershot Cowart P.C., you work with our entire legal team. Our clients are backed by attorneys with more than 100 years of combined legal experience in Texas contract law, business fraud, and other types of legal business disputes matters. We are very familiar with what it takes to win a breach of contract dispute case, and we are here to guide you every step of the way - whether through mediation, arbitration or litigation.
To schedule a consultation call 713-909-7323 or contact us online.
Call Our Firm for Experienced Contract Litigation in Texas
Our law firm represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of breach of contract disputes, including:
- Purchase agreements
- Noncompete and trade secrets
- Corporate "squeeze-outs"
- Corporate/partnership disputes
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Tortious interference with contracts or prospective clients
- Tortious interference with business relationships
- Construction contracts
- Corporate control agreements
- Management agreements
- Billing agreements
- Shareholder oppression
- Declaratory judgment actions
- Prompt payment of claims
- Intellectual property and licensing agreements
- Collection of payments for medical services against insurance carriers
- Trust fiduciary litigation
- Software agreements
- Oil and gas agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Development agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
Licensing Agreement Disputes and Violations
Licensing agreement disputes frequently involve businesses alleging that a licensee has violated the terms of the agreement, typically by:
- Acting beyond the scope of the agreement
- Failing to pay royalties
- Not abiding by geographic requirements
- Fail to provide service and support required under licensing agreements
- Failure to actively market products under licensing agreements
- Engaging in competitive activities in violation of licensing agreements
- Failure of Licensor to deliver functional product
Our business law attorneys have successfully helped business owners obtain relief when their legal rights - whether sales guarantees or the protection of their brand - are on the line.
Texas Tortious Interference: Has a Third Party Interfered With Your Business Contract?
Texas contract law recognizes a legal claim known as “tortious interference,” which allows a business owner whose contractual relationships are exploited by a third party to seek damages directly from that third party. These claims can address present as well as prospective business opportunities.
As part of our comprehensive, consultative approach, our attorneys will determine every legal claim - including possible claims for tortious interference in contracts or interference in respect to oral or informal agreements such as tortious interference of business.
Tortious Interference - Contracts Vs. Business:
- Tortious interference of contract is when a person intentionally and wrongfully disrupts a formal contract between two parties and causes one party to breach the contract.
- Tortious interference of business is when a third party uses false claims against a business in order to drive business away from them or to cause another party to not enter into a business relationship with them.
To learn more about your options and remedies in a breach of contract or other business dispute call 713-909-7323 to arrange a consultation or contact us online.
“They've always come through for me.”- Joseph D.
“Your law firm has impressed me to no end, and should anyone I know ever need legal representation, I will be sure to refer them to ...”- Dr. R
“We sincerely appreciate your dedication and drive in straightening out the most difficult situation in our life.”- Raga and DC Gunnia