- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Billing Agreements & Health Care Compliance
- Billing for Services Not Rendered
- Compensation Agreements
- Compounding Pharmacies
- Fair Market Value Compensation
- Federal False Claims Act Violations
- Fraud Investigations
- Freestanding Emergency Centers
- Management Services Agreements
- Medical Contracts
- Medical Practice Set-Up and M&As
- Medicare/CMS Audits or Requests for Information
- Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Physician Agreements
- Professional License Defense
- Regulatory Compliance
- Space & Equipment Leases
- Stark/Anti-Kickback Statute/False Claims Act
- Third Party Payors
At Hendershot Cowart P.C., our health care lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience advising, consulting, and representing physicians, health care businesses, and medical facilities with a wide range of legal needs.
Our team of medical attorneys regularly advise physicians, providers, and health care enterprises on a variety of legal and regulatory matters:
- Medical practice setup, mergers, acquisitions. We set up medical practices in compliance with fraud and abuse laws such as the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, and the Prohibition Against the Corporate Practice of Medicine.
- Regulatory compliance. We establish individualized compliance plans for health care entities, including practices, clinics, freestanding emergency centers, ambulatory surgery centers, med spas, pharmacies, and hospitals.
- Medical contracts, including physician employment agreements. We help physicians, practice owners, and other health care professionals review, draft and negotiate the terms of medical contracts and employment agreements.
- Licensure and medical license defense. We defend medical professionals facing allegations and disciplinary actions against their Texas professional licenses. We also advise clients on credentialing and peer review proceedings at hospitals, and for managed care plans.
- Third-party payors / prompt payment of claim. We have successfully brought claims in court and in arbitrations to enforce the provisions of the Texas Prompt Payment of Claims Act.
- Regulatory audits and investigations. We regularly defend against investigations, audits, and claims of Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare Fraud, Stark/Anti-Kickback Statute violations, Federal False Claims Act violations, prescription fraud, RAC audits, ZPIC audits, Novitas audits, TDI audits, MCO audits, OIG investigations, Civil Investigative Demands, and more.
- Telemedicine and telehealth counsel. We advise health care clients on structuring a telemedicine or telehealth practice in compliance with state and federal regulations, including Texas’ Prohibition against the Corporate Practice of Medicine. We also provide responsive intervention, risk-mitigation, and defense against telemedicine fraud investigations.
We Also Counsel Health Care Providers and Medical Businesses on these Areas:
While our law firm is based in Houston, Texas, we provide legal representation for clients throughout the State of Texas. To learn more about our services and how we can leverage our experience for your benefit - call (713) 909-7323 or complete an online form.