Houston Administrative Law Attorney
Providing Experienced Counsel Throughout Texas
Are you facing an OSHA or OIG investigation? Do you face challenges with a licensing board such as the Texas Medical Board or the Texas Board of Nursing? When you have a legal concern involving an administrative agency, Hendershot Cowart P.C. can provide the advice and guidance you need. As industry leaders, our firm has represented individual, business and commercial clients in front of a wide range of administrative agencies.
Why Hendershot Cowart P.C.?
- Over 100 years of combined experience
- Award-winning lawyers & effective strategies
- Experience with state and federal agencies
- Personalized service and close communication
Discuss your administrative matter during an initial consultation. Call (713) 909-7323.
Extensive Experience with State & Federal Agencies
Having an attorney with the right experience is important when you have an administrative matter. Administrative law matters are not like civil litigation matters. The rules and process for each agency and board are different. In our years of practicing administrative law, our firm has learned the rules and practices of each entity and how to use them to create the most effective strategies for our clients.
We have represented clients before numerous state and federal agencies, including:
- OSHA (the Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- OIG (the Office of the Inspector General)
- AG (the Texas Attorney General's Office)
- CMS (the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
- TMB (the Texas Medical Board) and TDB (Texas Dental Board)
- TBN (Texas Board of Nursing)
- TDI (Texas Department of Insurance)
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
- TBOP (the Texas Board of Orthotics and Prosthetics)
- DOT (the U.S. Department of Transportation) and TxDOT
- TWC (the Texas Workforce Commission)
- EEOC (the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission)
- The City of Houston Affirmative Action Contract Compliance Division
- The Texas Department of State Health Services
- SOAH (State Office of Administrative Hearings)
In addition to these, we can assist you with proceedings involving many other state and federal agencies. We represent businesses and individuals at all stages of administrative proceedings, including informal settlement conferences, administrative trials and other proceedings. Additionally, we have decades of experience helping clients with business litigation cases.
Healthcare Compliance Issues
If you are a healthcare provider, compliance with licensing regulations and other state and federal laws and regulations is critical to your future. At Hendershot Cowart P.C., we help doctors and other medical professionals with false claims accusations, billing regulations, STARK, Anti-Kickback Statute, fraud, abuse, and recoupment claims, billing audits, civil investigation demands, and other regulatory matters that can damage their institutions and reputations.
Our lawyers represent practices and hospitals before state and medical boards of all kinds, as well as agencies in multiple investigation matters. We routinely assist clients with OIG and AG investigations into compliance matters, including Stark law, the Fraud and Abuse Statute, and other state and federal healthcare laws.
We assist clients at every stage of fraud and abuse investigations and claims, from preventive measures to developing an effective defense before administrative boards. In addition to our healthcare practice, we have represented employers in all stages of OSHA investigations, from informal conferences (IC), contested OSHA hearings and trials to appeals before the OSHA Review Commission.
As a medical practitioner, your license is your livelihood. Our firm has worked with countless physicians and providers to help them maintain and protect their licenses. If your practice is under investigation or you're the subject of a disciplinary hearing, our attorneys can advocate on your behalf, protecting your license-thus protecting your ability to make a living.
We've represented clients in hearings and investigations involving:
- The Texas Medical Board
- Peer review and licensure hearings
- Credentialing issues
- The Nursing Board
- The Pharmacy Board
- The Paramedic Board
Request an Initial, Confidential Consultation
Our clients appreciate our in-depth familiarity with these agencies as we work to stay abreast of licensing requirements, deadlines and processing times.
If you have an administrative concern or require experienced representation, we invite you to contact a Texas administrative law attorney from our firm to request an initial consultation.