Business Dissolution Options in Texas
Houston Corporate Restructuring Attorneys
While a variety of scenarios ranging from disputes or the death of a partner to voluntary exits can potentially lead to the end of a business, there may be alternatives to business dissolution. As one of Texas’ premier corporate restructuring law firms, Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C. has helped countless businesses assess their situations and choose the strongest option for their future.
It’s Not Always Necessary to Dissolve a Business
Our experienced business law attorneys help clients explore a range of corporate restructuring strategies to help address a company's changing circumstances, including changes in ownership and control, while continuing business.
Whether you seek to preserve or dissolve a business, protecting your interests means addressing, managing and resolving critical issues involving:
- Proper valuation and preservation of goodwill
- Personal liability for financial and legal liabilities
- Breach of contract disputes
- Ownership of intellectual property
- Division of assets, rental and lease agreements
- Impact of shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, non-competes, and other agreements
- Deadlocks in director or shareholder voting
- Freezing of bank accounts or other forms of shareholder oppression
- Potential breach of fiduciary duties
- The need for a temporary restraining order (TRO), preliminary injunction and permanent injunction to stop confidential leaks or the use of trade secrets
- Minimizing alienation of customers
In addition to addressing disputes and any need for enforcement or litigation, we can assist in crafting company-tailored documentation required of restructuring, including buy-sell agreements, partnership and shareholder agreements, and other important mechanisms for managing risks and facilitating future success.
Contact Our Experienced Houston Business Law Firm
Our Houston business law attorneys are equipped with the breadth of experience required of business dissolution, dispute resolution, litigation, and corporate restructuring. Learn more about how our team can help you navigate the prospect of dissolution and other available alternatives tailored to your situation during an initial consultation.
Call (713) 909-7323 or contact us online.