“My clients know their business; I know the law. It’s my job to give them legal perspective on their issues and advocate for them in any dispute. I like being the voice for my clients.”
— Carolyn Carollo
Carolyn Carollo represents clients in commercial litigation both in state and federal court, as well as in alternative dispute resolution forums such as mediation and arbitration proceedings. Carolyn has litigated cases from inception to trial and has served as a first- and second-chair attorney in multi-week trials. She also assists clients in the drafting and negotiating of contracts, including purchase and sale agreements and master services agreements.
Carolyn has considerable experience with bankruptcy and creditor’s rights, a focus that began when she served as a summer clerk for Judge Jeff Bohm in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas. She has represented numerous creditors in bankruptcy proceedings to protect clients’ lien rights and obtain recovery from debtors’ estates.
Carolyn began her legal career in the fall of 2012 after graduating as valedictorian from South Texas College of Law where she was among the Order of the Lytae and a Dean's scholar. She has devoted substantial time to protect the rights of children. While a law fellow at Children at Risk, Carolyn crafted and recommended policy to the Texas legislature to protect children from human trafficking.
Primary Focus & Experience
Recent Significant Engagements
- Recovered $19 million jury verdict for fraud relating to client’s purchase of interests in an oil and gas field.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended against fraudulent transfer and preferential transfer claims in bankruptcy proceedings, including defending an asserted $5 million dollar preference claim.
- Defended client to avoid imposition of injunction which would have curtailed clients’ business operations.
- Successfully represented client in arbitration proceedings for breach of contract. Obtained full relief sought by client.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, summa cum laude, 2012
- Law Review, Assistant Articles Editor
- Law Fellow for Children at Risk Public Policy and Law Center
- Top student in Texas Pretrial Procedure, Property II, Corporate Taxation, Payment Systems, and others
- B.S., University of Houston, magna cum laude, 2009
- Honors College
- Dean’s List