Houston Corporate Restructuring Attorneys
How Our Firm Can Achieve Your Goals & Prevent Costly Litigation: (713) 909-7323
No business will stay the same forever. At some point, even the most stable business will undergo a change. Owners, partners, or shareholders may leave, retire, relocate, become disabled, or change roles. Shareholder agreements may no longer reflect the business's needs. You may be forced to buy out a partner's share or cut a partner out for improper conduct.
In all of these cases, the business structure will need to be altered. That's where Hendershot Cowart, P.C. can help.
With more than 100 years of combined legal experience handling complex business transactions, our seasoned business attorneys stand ready to offer the hands-on, results-driven experience that your business needs. We serve clients throughout Houston, Texas and beyond. To arrange a consultation with one of our skilled Houston business attorneys, please call (713) 909-7323 or fill out a simple online form.
Corporate Restructure Matters - How our Houston Business Attorneys can Help
We have represented clients of all sizes in all types of industries and business structures, frequently advising on business restructure matters such as:
- Stock sales or asset sales
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Buy-ins or buyouts
- Charter or bylaw matters
- Modifying or creating shareholder agreements
- Reorganizing the board of directors
- Re-envisioning the corporate mission
- Shifting control
- Restructuring the governance or operations plan of a business
- Revenue sharing
- Partnership fallout, or removal of an inactive partner
- The gaining of equity for a business without giving up control
- Matters involving family members inheriting stock of a partner who has died
- Retirement or disability matters
Corporate Restructuring and Shareholder/Partnership Disputes
When matters become highly contentious between shareholders or partners, our skilled business attorneys are exceptionally equipped with the insight to protect, mitigate, and recover when litigation becomes necessary.
- Shareholder/partner improper conduct, including competition, embezzlement, or trade secret theft
- Fraud or misrepresentation
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Breach of contract
- Hostile takeovers
- Squeeze outs and freeze-outs
- Shareholder derivative suits
- Minority shareholder oppression
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
To arrange a consultation, call Hendershot Cowart, P.C. at (713) 909-7323 or contact us online.