Houston Corporate Restructuring Attorneys
How Our Firm Can Achieve Your Goals & Prevent Costly Litigation: (713) 909-7323
No business will stay the same forever. At some point, even the most stable business will undergo a change. Owners, partners, or shareholders may leave, retire, relocate, become disabled, or change roles. Shareholder agreements may no longer reflect the business's needs. You may be forced to buy out a partner's share or cut a partner out for improper conduct.
In all of these cases, the business structure will need to be altered. That's where Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C. can help.
With 130+ years of combined legal experience handling complex business transactions, our seasoned business attorneys stand ready to offer the hands-on, results-driven experience that your business needs. We serve clients throughout Houston, Texas and beyond. To arrange a consultation with one of our skilled Houston business attorneys, please call (713) 909-7323 or fill out a simple online form.
Corporate Restructure Matters - How our Houston Business Attorneys can Help
We have represented clients of all sizes in all types of industries and business structures, frequently advising on business restructure matters such as:
- Stock sales or asset sales
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Buy-ins or buyouts
- Charter or bylaw matters
- Modifying or creating shareholder agreements
- Reorganizing the board of directors
- Re-envisioning the corporate mission
- Shifting control
- Restructuring the governance or operations plan of a business
- Revenue sharing
- Partnership fallout, or removal of an inactive partner
- The gaining of equity for a business without giving up control
- Matters involving family members inheriting stock of a partner who has died
- Retirement or disability matters
Corporate Restructuring and Shareholder/Partnership Disputes
When matters become highly contentious between shareholders or partners, our skilled business attorneys are exceptionally equipped with the insight to protect, mitigate, and recover when litigation becomes necessary.
- Shareholder/partner improper conduct, including competition, embezzlement, or trade secret theft
- Fraud or misrepresentation
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Breach of contract
- Hostile takeovers
- Squeeze outs and freeze-outs
- Shareholder derivative suits
- Minority shareholder oppression
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
To arrange a consultation, call Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C. at (713) 909-7323 or contact us online.