Join Our Team
Join Our Team
Now Recruiting: Transactional Associate
Hendershot Cowart P.C. is seeking a Transactional Attorney to join our firm’s thriving business law and health law practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in contract law and structuring mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, and other business transactions. However, candidates with all experience levels are invited to apply and discuss the opportunity. Strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of maturity, a willingness to learn, and a desire to accept significant responsibility and manage a challenging workload within a fast-paced environment is expected. The position is based in Houston, Texas.
About Hendershot Cowart P.C.
Founded in 1987, Hendershot Cowart P.C. is a team of skilled business law, health law, regulatory, and OSHA defense lawyers. Our transactional attorneys handle everything from drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and corporate governance agreements to structuring complex, multi-million dollar transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and startups. Our clients range from small- to midsize businesses and medical practices throughout Texas to publicly traded companies and national health care and retail organizations. We take pride in partnering with our clients for the life of their business, from start up to mature market leadership.
Position responsibilities include:
- Managing assigned matters from inception through closing including drafting and negotiating primary and ancillary documents for M&A
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts and agreements as well as compliance programs
- Drafting and negotiating Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Joint Venture, Management Services Agreements, Medical Director Agreements, and similar transactions
- Preparing documentation for entity formation and equity sharing arrangements, Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Partnership Agreements
- Advising clients on matters pertaining to relevant State and Federal Regulations and conducting due diligence
- Preparing opinions and consultations
- Corresponding and communicating with clients
Requirements for consideration:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, drafting, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong legal research skills
- Experience with entity formation and corporate documents
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, shareholder buyouts, employment agreements, and non-competes
- Experience negotiating commercial leases
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
- Experience with corporate, transactional, and contract law matters
- Licensed to practice in the State of Texas and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Full salary and benefits based on experience.
We would love to hear from you. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Shoulder the Legal Burden.™And let you get back to business.
We Want to Be Your Law Firm for Life.We take a vested interest in our clients' success – from start to finish.
We Believe in Prompt, Personal Attention.As a boutique law firm, we unite real experience with personal attention.
We Serve Clients Throughout Texas and the Nation.We handle matters from the Red River to the Rio Grande and beyond.
In Business Since 1987.Let us put the full force of our 100+ years of combined experience to work for you.
“I cannot say enough good things about my Lawyer, Mr. David Augustus. His calm, laser-like knowledge of business law allowed me to prevail and teach a few others during the short negotiations. Having the full backing of his law firm also helped greatly.” - L.A.
“Excellent experience working with Ray to settle our partnership disillusion. He was consistently available and steadfast in his guidance. Highly recommend this firm.” - S.H.
“I retained Hendershot Cowart last year. Though an obvious small case for the firm, it was traumatic and very personal for me. Ashley Arnett guided me through the process, never once making me feel that my case wasn’t any less important as any other.” - S.L.