Join Our Team
Respected for Our Work Ethic & Dedication to Justice
Commercial Litigation Associate Attorney
Galleria Area-based law firm providing services throughout Texas and Nationwide
is immediately hiring a Litigation Associate.
Based in Houston, Texas, Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C. is dedicated to strategic, creative and aggressive advocacy. From complex litigation and business transactions to health care law and OSHA defense, we focus on tailoring our services and strategies to our clients’ unique needs and goals. We know success is predicated by customized counsel, extensive legal knowledge, and being more prepared than your opponent.
The candidate must have 5 to 7 years’ experience with an emphasis on commercial litigation. The position will be required to make Court appearances for hearings and trials, attend depositions, conduct administrative hearings, draft pleadings, prepare discovery, briefing, and research. The applicant must be self-motivated, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be a team player that enables them to address complex issues. Our office possesses a strong collegial environment that is team and goal-oriented.
- Competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Transactional Associate Attorney
Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C., a Houston-Galleria area based law firm providing services to clients across Texas and Nationwide is seeking a Transactional Associate Attorney to join our firm in our business transactional and health care section. The Associate will be responsible for managing assigned matters from inception through closing including drafting and negotiating primary and ancillary documents for M&A, Company Formations, drafting and negotiating Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Joint Venture and similar transactions; preparing documentation for entity formation and equity sharing arrangements; researching and analyzing issues pertaining to relevant State and Federal Regulations, conducting due diligence; reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements, compliance programs; consulting and advising regarding STARK and Anti-Kickback compliance; preparing opinions and consultations. The associate will correspond and communicate with clients.
- Strong analytical, inter-personal, drafting, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong legal research skills
- Experience with STARK, Anti-Kickback, Fraud, and Abuse
- Experience with entity formation and corporate documents
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, shareholder buyouts, employment agreements, and non-competes
- Experience negotiating commercial leases
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience with emphasis in transactional, health care and regulatory matters
- Licensed to practice in the State of Texas
- Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Interested In Joining Us? Contact Our Trusted Law Firm Today
Our Houston legal team is committed to furthering our goal of helping as many families as we possibly can. If you are interested in being a part of this mission and learning more about the exciting opportunities we offer, please don’t hesitate to take the plunge and become part of our Hendershot, Cowart & Hisey, P.C. family today.