Join Our Team
Join Our Team
Now Recruiting: Transactional Associate
Hendershot Cowart P.C. is seeking a Transactional Attorney to join our firm’s thriving business law and health law practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in contract law and structuring mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, and other business transactions. However, candidates with all experience levels are invited to apply and discuss the opportunity. Strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of maturity, a willingness to learn, and a desire to accept significant responsibility and manage a challenging workload within a fast-paced environment is expected. The position is based in Houston, Texas.
About Hendershot Cowart P.C.
Founded in 1987, Hendershot Cowart P.C. is a team of skilled business law, health law, regulatory, and OSHA defense lawyers. Our transactional attorneys handle everything from drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and corporate governance agreements to structuring complex, multi-million dollar transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and startups. Our clients range from small- to midsize businesses and medical practices throughout Texas to publicly traded companies and national health care and retail organizations. We take pride in partnering with our clients for the life of their business, from start up to mature market leadership.
Position responsibilities include:
- Managing assigned matters from inception through closing including drafting and negotiating primary and ancillary documents for M&A
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts and agreements as well as compliance programs
- Drafting and negotiating Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Joint Venture, Management Services Agreements, Medical Director Agreements, and similar transactions
- Preparing documentation for entity formation and equity sharing arrangements, Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Partnership Agreements
- Advising clients on matters pertaining to relevant State and Federal Regulations and conducting due diligence
- Preparing opinions and consultations
- Corresponding and communicating with clients
Requirements for consideration:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, drafting, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong legal research skills
- Experience with entity formation and corporate documents
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, shareholder buyouts, employment agreements, and non-competes
- Experience negotiating commercial leases
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
- Experience with corporate, transactional, and contract law matters
- Licensed to practice in the State of Texas and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Full salary and benefits based on experience.
We would love to hear from you. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Shoulder the Legal Burden.™And let you get back to business.
We Want to Be Your Law Firm for Life.We take a vested interest in our clients' success – from start to finish.
We Believe in Prompt, Personal Attention.As a boutique law firm, we unite real experience with personal attention.
We Serve Clients Throughout Texas and the Nation.We handle matters from the Red River to the Rio Grande and beyond.
In Business Since 1987.Let us put the full force of our 100+ years of combined experience to work for you.
What Our Clients Say
“I am truly grateful for the exceptional and professional service and support Trey Hendershot and his legal team provided my organization. Trey patiently walked us through the legal process and did an incredible job representing us.” - C. B.
“They are responding to all my communications via email, text or phone call in a timely manner. They are answering all my questions and simplifying their responses so I can understand everything that is going on and what to expect in my case.” - Z. A.
“Your law firm has impressed me to no end, and should anyone I know ever need legal representation, I will be sure to refer them to you.” - Dr. R