Join Our Team
Now Recruiting: Legal Assistant
Hendershot Cowart P.C. is seeking a legal assistant to support the firm’s growing transactional and litigation practices. The ideal candidate should be a reliable, energetic, personable and multi-faceted secretary, with 5+ years experience in commercial litigation, health law, or transactional matters. Applicants should demonstrate a high degree of maturity, a willingness to learn, and a desire to accept significant responsibility and manage a challenging workload within a fast-paced environment. Experience with time-keeping software and e-filing in state and federal courts is a must.
About Hendershot Cowart P.C.
Founded in 1987, Hendershot Cowart P.C. is a team of skilled business attorneys practicing complex business litigation and arbitration, health law, regulatory law, and OSHA defense. Our clients range from closely held small- and midsize businesses to publicly traded corporations and nationwide healthcare organizations. We take pride in partnering with our clients for the life of their business, from start up to mature market leadership. We handle everything from small business disputes to multi-million-dollar, high-stakes complex litigation and arbitration.
Position responsibilities include:
- E-filing with State and Federal Courts, U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
- Secretary of State filings and searches
- Assist with timekeeping and billing / TimeSlips
- Dictation transcription
- Drafting legal documents (including litigation pleadings)
- Scheduling / monitoring deadlines
- Preparation for depositions, mediations and trials
- Maintaining files relating to cases
- Must understand litigation from start to finish
- Proofreading all work, including reading documents for content and context.
- Opening new clients and matters and facilitating the conflicts process for new and existing clients
- File correspondence and legal documents
- Client communication
- Court communication
- Assist attorneys with deposition, mediation, and trial preparation
Requirements for consideration:
- 5+ years experience as a legal assistant
- Demonstrated proficiency with TimeSlips and e-filing
- Proficient in TimeSlips
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and energized by deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; able to prioritize high-volume case load and multi-task
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with NetDocs preferred
- Bachelor's Degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program preferred.
Full salary and benefits based on experience.
We would love to hear from you. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to email@example.com.