“I make a point of becoming an expert in my clients’ businesses. I dive into the subject matter and take the fight to the other side to get the best results for my client. I feel good about that.”
— Ian McNeill
Ian McNeill represents clients in all types of civil litigation matters, including contract disputes, construction defects, business disputes, fraud cases, and property cases. Ian also represents clients in OSHA cases as well as other administrative cases. Ian is detail-oriented, strategic, and tenacious and is willing to simply outwork the other side. He leaves no stone unturned and pursues every avenue on behalf of his clients.
Ian began his legal career in the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, where he tried a wide range of misdemeanor and felony cases. As a result of his time as a prosecutor, he is fearless walking into a courtroom. After his tenure as a prosecutor, Ian turned to private practice, where he represented clients both in the prosecution and defense of a broad spectrum of cases. Ian utilizes his prosecutorial and civil litigation experience to evaluate each case with a unique perspective and advise his clients accordingly.
Ian completed his OSHA 30-Hour Outreach Training for General Industry, complementing his broad experience as both a business litigator and OSHA defense attorney.
Although a native Houstonian, Ian is Scottish at heart and enjoys playing the bagpipes. At home, he is constantly in search of wall space because of his other hobby, outdoor photography. Last, but certainly not least, Ian and his wife have a son and a daughter who are just the right combination of love and mischief.
Primary Focus and Experience
Recent Significant Engagements
- Prosecuted case on behalf of a merchant cash advance company and recovered 100 percent of contractual payments from defendants.
- Successfully defended construction company in a double-fatality OSHA case. Out of six citation items, half were withdrawn and the other half were reduced in classification.
- Reached favorable settlement in OSHA case involving a cave-in fatality by reducing total proposed penalty by more than 70 percent.
- Successfully settled an OSHA matter involving a serious explosion at a scrap metal yard by demonstrating injured worker’s status as an independent contractor.
- Represented multiple doctors and business owners in business divorce cases.
- Reached favorable settlement in bankruptcy adversary case involving breach of fiduciary, fraud, embezzlement, and Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act claims.
- Negotiated favorable settlement in OSHA matter involving multiple violations concerning a large excavation at a worksite.
- Reduced classification and penalty amounts in OSHA case involving allegations of not having a written respiratory protection program.
- Represented doctors, nurses, EMTs, physical therapists, and physician assistants in various administrative matters.
- Successfully mediated a settlement for a concrete manufacturer in a construction delay arbitration case.
- Delivered successful settlement for small business owner in a transaction dispute.
- Represented a commercial construction general contractor in an OSHA investigation.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- J.D., South Texas Collage of Law
- B.A., Political Science, Trinity University