Senior Transactional Attorney
“For me, practicing transactional and contract law is more than a career—it's a passion for orchestrating the legal frameworks that underpin successful business ventures and collaborations.”
— Hannah Craft
Hannah K. Craft is an energy and M&A lawyer with more than thirteen years’ experience in the industry, including six years of AmLaw 100 experience working on award-winning deals and seven years in the oil & gas industry. She routinely leads and participates in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other transactions across the United States, Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Mexico), U.K. and Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Hannah’s M&A experience includes multi-million-dollar mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, business combinations, restructurings, and other transactions. She was drawn to transactional and contract law by an inherent interest in the structure and impact of legal systems.
“In this practice area, I found a perfect intersection of strategic legal planning and the facilitation of key business processes. This focus not only aligns with my analytical and problem-solving skills but also offers a platform to engage directly in the formation of business foundations and strategies.”
Hannah joined Hendershot Cowart P.C. in 2024, drawn to the firm’s culture of collaborating to advance their client’s interests and success.
“Hendershot Cowart combines the experience and acumen of a large-scale operation – attracting clients with high-stakes transactions and negotiations – with the personalized and consultative atmosphere of a boutique law firm.”
Responsive and approachable, Hannah believes in building strong relationships with her clients through clear and straightforward communication. She places an emphasis on demystifying legal complexities, avoiding excessive legal jargon, and instead provides clear, practical advice. This down-to-earth method not only makes legal processes more accessible but also fosters a sense of comfort and trust in her counsel and guidance.
In addition to her professional commitments, Hannah is dedicated to pro bono legal work, particularly in support of those who have served our country. Her pro bono practice is centered around providing high-quality legal assistance to veterans and their loved ones who wish to or have filed an appeal in the US. Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims.
Outside of work, Hannah prioritizes time with her family (especially her five sisters) and travel to unwind and bring balance to her busy professional life.
Hannah is a member of the Women’s Energy Network, Houston Young Lawyers Association, North American Oil & Gas Professionals, and the Houston Bar Association.
Primary Focus and Experience
Recent Significant Engagements
- Primary attorney in an acquisition by one of the world’s leading commodity trading companies, and the subsequent launch of a subsidiary company. Acted as pseudo general counsel prior to signing and prior to closing in respect of the carve-out transaction.
- Led a $1.5 billion asset sale for a leading oil and gas company, transferring the manufacturing facilities, intellectual property, and other commercial assets of one of its subsidiary businesses.
- Lead associate on a $201.5 million acquisition of an energy company in an all-cash transaction.
- Served as lead attorney on a $2.1 billion acquisition of electrical and automation business for a global player in energy management and automation.
- Primary associate on the divestiture of oil and gas assets for a private equity backed oil and gas company.
- Represented a special purpose acquisition vehicle (SPAC) in its $2.2 billion business combination with a digital financial platform.
- Lead M&A associate in the successful $7.22 billion reorganization and recapitalization of a worldwide vehicle rental company in the context of the company's Chapter 11 proceedings.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, Dean’s Honor List
- B.A., Political Science, St. Edward’s University, Dean’s List/President’s List