Franchise Attorney in Houston
Texas Trial Lawyers With 100+ Years of Combined Experience
Franchise disputes can put a lot on the line, including the success of a business. Whether it’s taking preventative measures to structure agreements that protect your rights and reduce risks for dispute, or taking immediate responsive action to resolve or litigate, working with experienced legal representation can make all the difference.
At Hendershot Cowart P.C., our business lawyers have earned national recognition for our ability to protect the interests of clients with their proactive and responsive legal needs, including franchisors and franchisees.
Backed by over a century of collective experience and the insight of proven trial lawyers, we’re able to address a range of franchisee needs, as well as disputes arising under franchise agreements and state franchise statutes.
- Business formation, franchise sale and purchase
- Drafting, review and negotiation of franchise agreements
- Regulatory compliance with federal and state laws
- Breach of franchise agreements
- Intellectual property and trade secrets
- Enforcement, defense and litigation
Proactive Counsel for Franchises
Prevention is worth an ounce of cure, which is why proactively establishing safeguards is critical to protecting your rights and interests, and having grounds for legal remedy when things don’t go as planned.
Our business franchise attorneys counsel clients on a range of proactive measures, including:
- Business formation and entity selection
- Franchise agreements (royalties, fees, reporting, audit, default, etc.)
- Franchise disclosure documents
- Partnership / employment agreements
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements
- Independent contractor / work-for-hire agreements
- Transfer restrictions / conditions
- Franchisor and franchisee regulatory compliance
- Intellectual property and trade secret protection
When disputes arise, an immediate response to obtain redress can be critical to the success of a business. Our firm helps enforce, defend, and litigate a range of franchise disputes using legal strategies tailored to the situations, needs, and available options of our clients.
We have extensive experience helping clients dispute, resolve, or defend against franchise matters involving:
- Breach of franchise agreements
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Copyright, trademark and patent infringement
- IP ownership disputes
- Non-compete and NDA violations
- Theft of trade secrets
- Fraud and misrepresentation
Lawyer Up With Hendershot Cowart P.C.
At Hendershot Cowart P.C., you can rely on us for guidance, perspective, and resolution in and out of the courtroom. Our law firm, founded in 1987, has built a reputation on providing only the highest-quality legal representation possible. We understand the stakes in each matter we handle and we are well-known for our ability to handle extremely challenging legal situations.
If you have questions involving a franchise-related business matter or dispute, call (713) 909-7323 or contact us online to speak with an attorney.
“They've always come through for me.”- Joseph D.
“Your law firm has impressed me to no end, and should anyone I know ever need legal representation, I will be sure to refer them to ...”- Dr. R
“We sincerely appreciate your dedication and drive in straightening out the most difficult situation in our life.”- Raga and DC Gunnia