“The most important thing I tell prospective clients is this: You are hiring us to take this load off your plate. Yes, you need to be involved, and you will be involved. But it is our job to deal with this on a day-to-day basis, and let you get back to work.”
— Katie Cowart
Katherine T. (Katie) Cowart is a skilled business litigator with more than 15 years of experience. Adept at helping clients with complex commercial disputes, Katie advises business owners, executives, partners and shareholders on matters ranging from contract disputes, labor and employment disputes, non-compete agreements, theft of trade secrets, shareholder disputes, business acquisitions and dissolutions, and all phases of litigation. Katie also has extensive experience representing medical service providers and individual practitioners on compliance with health care rules and regulations at both the federal and state level.
Committed to obtaining the best results for her clients, Katie and her colleagues at Hendershot Cowart P.C. work closely with clients to outline an aggressive, well-informed course of action for the discovery, motion, and trial phases of litigation.
Katie was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 2005 and to the State Bar of Oklahoma in 2012. She is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts of Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas; Fifth Circuit and United States Supreme Court. In her free time, Katie enjoys outdoor activities with her husband and two young daughters.
Primary Focus and Experience
Recent Significant Engagements
- Delivered successful settlement for a integrated electronic prescribing provider in a federal patent infringement litigation.
- Successfully represented free standing emergency clinic in litigation with private insurance carrier at trial and appellate levels.
- Successfully represented water utility district in ADA litigation at trial and appellate levels.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., South Texas College of Law
- B.S., Criminal Justice, Bluefield College